Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

C'mon man, don't start playing checkers with me now. It takes this entire forum going full on 100% to keep things interesting. You literally just did the equivalent of dropping your sword and exposing your heart. I will pretend like it didn't happen.
    Why do you think everything is about you? MoValley John, I hope you guys get through this without difficulty!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      So we struck gold. Or not. Wife turned up positive. Finally. It wasn’t an if but a when. Working w/Covid pts for months, her number was bound to be picked. She's asymptomatic, I'm just going to quarantine and not test yet again. I'll stay home and test when her first negative comes back.
      #paidtimeoff
      ​​​​​
      You struck Covid! Sorry to hear that bro. Since she's asymptomatic, I'm assuming she gets testing on a fairly routine basis? I've heard theories that the "dosing" one obtains while becoming infected has an impact on the outcome. She likely got just a whiff of something while doffing/donning the PPE. I'm assuming you and your wife aren't 35, and you're not Hugh Hefner reincarnate so... she's at an age where it matters a little bit. Hopefully she sails right on through. If she infects you and you don't go tits up, you guys can have some hot quarantine sex. Not a bad trade-off!

All kidding aside...

May your antibodies be fast and furious... but not too furious.

Comment

C'mon man, don't start playing checkers with me now. It takes this entire forum going full on 100% at me to keep things challenging. You literally just did the equivalent of dropping your sword and exposing your heart. I will pretend like it didn't happen.
        Translated..."No real response, so I'll puff up my chest and tell you how great I am"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Translated..."No real response, so I'll puff up my chest and tell you how great I am"
          Not even gonna explain it. I've done it dozens of times already. It's 3rd grade stuff. Just scroll back a couple dozen pages and read my comments on masking.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Why do you think everything is about you? MoValley John, I hope you guys get through this without difficulty!
            Weaker still.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Not a big deal, we were, and are prepared. She's not the first in her dept. to get it. I would go into details on improving treatments, but there really isn't much for healthy people our age to fear. Just don't pass it on to the aged, sick or infirmed. If we can get along together, stuck in quarantine, all will be golden. If not, this could be hell.

When you spend 50 hrs a wk in a tertiary hospital, somewhere that bug is gonna sneak up and bite you in the ass.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Not even gonna explain it. I've done it dozens of times already. It's 3rd grade stuff. Just scroll back a couple dozen pages and read my comments on masking.
                Translated..."All I do is regurgitate the same stuff I see on CNN and MSNBC why can't you see that."

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Not a big deal, we were, and are prepared. She's not the first in her dept. to get it. I would go into details on improving treatments, but there really isn't much for healthy people our age to fear. Just don't pass it on to the aged, sick or infirmed. If we can get along together, stuck in quarantine, all will be golden. If not, this could be hell.

When you spend 50 hrs a wk in a tertiary hospital, somewhere that bug is gonna sneak up and bite you in the ass.
                  My brother in law got it. He is a nurse at a hospital in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. He had a headache, that is it. He was off work for 3 days tested negative and went back to work. My sister, also a nurse, never tested positive and was off work for 14 days.

He says, despite what Cold is telling us, the hospitals are not being over run. The average stay has gone down to 3 days.

Comment

• Has anybody here sneezed in their mask? I don’t recommend it. It’s even more disgusting than it sounds.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

My brother in law got it. He is a nurse at a hospital in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. He had a headache, that is it. He was off work for 3 days tested negative and went back to work. My sister, also a nurse, never tested positive and was off work for 14 days.

He says, despite what Cold is telling us, the hospitals are not being over run. The average stay has gone down to 3 days.
                      Tell your brother and sister THANKS! for putting their necks on the line to keep American's healthy.

I'm glad they had a light bout of the very deadly Covid-19. Hundreds of thousands were not as lucky.

I do not believe I've yet said that hospitals are being overrun.

Random fact: At one point in Georgia back in May, 1 in 4 Covid hospitalizations were folks without a "high-risk" condition.

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Has anybody here sneezed in their mask? I don’t recommend it. It’s even more disgusting than it sounds.
                      That's masks doing exactly what they're supposed to do. Thanks for the illustration wufan! :)

I suspect even a cloth mask would have done as well on the heavy bits. Imagine if you'd been walking down a subway staircase and let that material fly all over the railings? Yeah... not good.

Comment

I suspect even a cloth mask would have done as well on the heavy bits. Imagine if you'd been walking down a subway staircase and let that material fly all over the railings? Yeah... not good.
                        That's exactly why I refuse to ride our subway.

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/us/these-n95...op-coronavirus

“Given that most of the value of these masks is not to protect the wearer but to protect others from a potentially contagious asymptomatic wearer, those one-way valves make the masks practically useless for protecting others,” he said. “So all those potentially contagious people are spewing unfettered large respiratory droplets, probably even in a concentrated stream going through the valves.”

Comment

• Thanks for the post MKR. Definitely avoid these types of masks. They are not medical, they are for filtering dust. The mask will have little effect compared to a traditional healthcare mask at stopping the "outflow" of infectious materials. They look really cool thought.

Comment

• Just wanted to give a little heads up to all my friends in the Covid forum: The last time Trump warned us that things were going to get worse, we had NYC. He just said the exact same thing not too long ago. Last week I mentioned the possibility that we could see 2,500 daily deaths again... I hope that doesn't come to pass. But we've gained almost a million documented positive cases over the last 2 weeks and I fear the bill is about to come due.

Not to be redundant, but.... please don't breathe the same (unfiltered) air as people not in your immediate household if at all possible. No bars or restaurants okay? Let's all do our part to spread the word and stop the infections.

Comment

• I got the Carona. It's not that bad. A little tickle in my throat and a rash on the arm. I guess having unprotected sex with a Covid positive partner ain't a good idea.

As for my wife, she had a little headache. We are in full lockdown mode, and as RickyfRicky TrailerPark Boys would say, "There's nothing to do but smoke dope get drunk and bang."

Good thing I got the Netflix, Hulu Live and Prime. Thinking about binging the whole Press Your Luck game show from the early 80's.
                                ​​​​​
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X