Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Looks like we can add Goldman-Sachs to the freedom-hating liberals who want everybody to wear masks.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahha...w#2c70e59656f1
    You were under the impression they were a conservative org staffed by conservatives?

LOL!

Were you awake during the Obama administration? G-S was a cushy landing spot for many peeps that were a part of the Obama machine.

G-S is one of those types of organizations that loves whomever is in power. They stand for nothing but an ROI on their bottom line, not that there's anything expressly wrong with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
      I haven't posted an update here lately.......so I will today.

If you are watching TV, it is obvious our hospitalizations and ICU patient census seems to be going up, as well as the number on ventilators. Deaths are flat (for now) if we don't start having a peak soon, I'm going to say we will probably see more people who get really sick this wave (and less who die outright). I'm going to say this is because of the discovery of effective therapies.

however

I'm going to hold off on making a definitive statement, as our public officials are telling us we will run out of hospital beds in about two weeks. We have around 20% available now, and the number in the hospital continues to grow, so this is a secondary worry, as if hospital bed availability disappears, I'm thinking people will be dying at home. Not only that, the people who have serious medical events (car wrecks, heart attacks and so forth) may not get treatment, so they will probably be lumped into some 'collateral damage' category.

All this will be avoidable if people continue to wear masks in public, practice social distancing and hopefully start bending the curve in the next two weeks.
      We've been told this same thing over and over since March and it has never been as bad as the doomsdayers predict. Forgive me, but I will believe it when I see it.

Comment

I haven't posted an update here lately.......so I will today.

If you are watching TV, it is obvious our hospitalizations and ICU patient census seems to be going up, as well as the number on ventilators. Deaths are flat (for now) if we don't start having a peak soon, I'm going to say we will probably see more people who get really sick this wave (and less who die outright). I'm going to say this is because of the discovery of effective therapies.

however

I'm going to hold off on making a definitive statement, as our public officials are telling us we will run out of hospital beds in about two weeks. We have around 20% available now, and the number in the hospital continues to grow, so this is a secondary worry, as if hospital bed availability disappears, I'm thinking people will be dying at home. Not only that, the people who have serious medical events (car wrecks, heart attacks and so forth) may not get treatment, so they will probably be lumped into some 'collateral damage' category.

All this will be avoidable if people continue to wear masks in public, practice social distancing and hopefully start bending the curve in the next two weeks.
        You are pretty much 100% on target here brother. Thanks for keeping the facts coming in this thread. I simply have not had the time to keep up with all the deniers in this thread. It is a formidable challenge. But I have a lot of posts stored up in my head if I ever get the chance.

I would add to your post that while the actual death rate may recede due to therapy advancement, the overall death total could easily eclipse what we've had thus far.

Most estimates have been that the general public will not have access to a vaccine until 2021 at the earliest. Take the following into consideration:

We have around 2.8M registered infections in this country; experts have stated that we likely have 10x more infections than registered; that puts us at around 30M infections which is 10% of our population; we need around 50% infected to start feeling the effects of herd immunity (IF ALL the infected develop antibodies at a rate similar to Influenza); we've had 130k registered Covid deaths at this point (likely around 20% more - see: Yale study); to reach 50% infections we need a 4x increase (120M additional infections); if the death rate and infected population demographic mix stays constant, we will need to get to around 700k total Covid deaths before we achieve 50% population infections. I believe we will achieve 50% infections by Jan. 1st 2021.

Any therapy improvements or ultimate infection skew to the younger side could lower the death total estimate.

Unfortunately all the young that are getting infected now will likely infect the older population. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. Unsophisticated observers might find relief seeing all the youth infections thinking it's somehow beneficial. Those of us who can/will process the big picture understand that all these young infections equate to more and more spins on the roulette wheel of pandemic doom as these kids go out into our communities and merely, breathe...

If you take into account the possibility of hospitals filling to the brim and failing, we are back to where we started in March with the threat of massive numbers of collateral damage from "normal" healthcare emergencies going untreated. These considerations allow the Death Angel to really spread his wings and start floating the millions dead possibility again.

Wear your effing masks and separate!

T

Comment

and if you clean up those green beans, kids in India won't be starving anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

and if you clean up those green beans, kids in India won't be starving anymore
            I've been telling my kids this for years. Just trying to do my part.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Wear your effing masks and separate!

T

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Two of my all-time favorite gifs...
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Aren't there some similarities between Moses and Abraham L.?
                  Are there any monuments to Moses the kindly slave master?
                  Did someone arbitrarily give him forgiveness? Should the mob review Moses status?

Comment

• Last week's hospitalization numbers in Sedgwick County have been revised up, from one to six. Still low, but there is a concerning metric for Kansas: The reproduction number has ticked up to 1.14 (still increasing). The weird thing is that the variance on that R number is high, between 0.89 which would be super good and 1.38 which is not good at all. Possibly because of a wide disparity between county-level data, but that's a complete guess.

Be careful this 4th!

We will probably only be around immediate family for the fourth. We are avoiding crowds and crowded places at this point in time.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/healt...AWzeVte6Q4AaLQ

CNN admits hydroxy works

Comment

"The disgusting, lying media fought the president tooth and nail for months telling us this drug was deadly. Every damn newsroom repeated this crap. Now they tell us it helped. How about apologizing to the American people and the president, you frauds.”

------Mark Levin

Comment

• If you take this over to the politics forum, we can all see where the media and the government is constantly lying to us. Oddly, Trump isn’t.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Well, ****. Mrs p got her second knee replacement Tuesday. Went well. Brought her home Thursday. Friday they call and tell us one of her direct caregivers has Covid. Not sure what in hell to do now.

Comment

Well, ****. Mrs p got her second knee replacement Tuesday. Went well. Brought her home Thursday. Friday they call and tell us one of her direct caregivers has Covid. Not sure what in hell to do now.
                              Damn, sorry to hear that. Keep us informed.

Comment

Well, ****. Mrs p got her second knee replacement Tuesday. Went well. Brought her home Thursday. Friday they call and tell us one of her direct caregivers has Covid. Not sure what in hell to do now.
                                I'm no doctor, but I think you'll both be okay as long as that caregiver had a mask on and preferably gloves, too. Otherwise, if it was me, I'd be getting tested.

Comment

Working...
                                X