No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do they have S Korea on that graph?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
      Do all these people who refuse to wear masks also refuse to buy car insurance or wear seat belts... Obviously those are also government instances of interferring in your freedom to do as you wish. Do you also demand the freedom to drive drunk?
      The difference is car insurance is required by law. Driving drunk is illegal. Our constitutional rights are in the CONSTITUTION. There is no requirement or law (in Kansas, I won't speak to other states) that require you to wear a mask.

If the politicians want to make it mandatory, then let them pass the law, but until then quit whining, and start writing letters and making phone calls to your politician to get a law made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Is the UK included in that graph?
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I have a couple of questions.

Why has India had so many fewer cases and deaths than the USA, especially considering India has about 4 times the population of the US (est 1.3 billion vs 330 million) and more than 10 times the population density (400/km2 vs 33/km2) and a healthcare system woefully inferior to that of the USA?

Clearly the more heavily populated areas of the USA have been the worst hit by CV-19. Why not the same for other areas around the world. Is the virus racist towards the American citizen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            There were 7 people admitted to the hospital in Sedgwick County last week. That brings the average number of hospitalizations per week over a 5 week period from 3.8 admissions/week up to 4.2 admissions/week.
            There was only one person admitted to the hospital with coronavirus in Sedgwick County last week. And one discharged.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Why do they have S Korea on that graph?
              If they included Russia, Brazil, Mexico or India there wouldn't be the stark difference. They want to make the US look as bad as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

If they included Russia, Brazil, Mexico or India there wouldn't be the stark difference. They want to make the US look as bad as possible.
                I think most us would aspire to better company.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Is Europe still on lockdown?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I have a couple of questions.

Why has India had so many fewer cases and deaths than the USA, especially considering India has about 4 times the population of the US (est 1.3 billion vs 330 million) and more than 10 times the population density (400/km2 vs 33/km2) and a healthcare system woefully inferior to that of the USA?

Clearly the more heavily populated areas of the USA have been the worst hit by CV-19. Why not the same for other areas around the world. Is the virus racist towards the American citizen?
                    It’s definitely strange that the best healthcare system in the world and a first world superpower like the US seems to have a disproportionate amount of cases and even deaths than other areas around the globe. And that’s even after the country was locked down for 2 months and continues to be cautious in a lot of areas. I need an explanation of this. Is it because the rest of the world is undercounting all of this?

Or is this country fudging up some numbers?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It’s definitely strange that the best healthcare system in the world and a first world superpower like the US seems to have a disproportionate amount of cases and even deaths than other areas around the globe. And that’s even after the country was locked down for 2 months and continues to be cautious in a lot of areas. I need an explanation of this. Is it because the rest of the world is undercounting all of this?

I'm sorry...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It has to be one, or the other, or a combination of both, does it not? I mean seriously, any other explanation defies both science and common sense, doesn't it?

Comment

I need an explanation of this.
                          (This is not targeted at you ShockerFever, I know you already know this as you have been following along from early on. This is for the new people being scared to death by CNN)

For at least the 3rd time -- maybe more like the 5th time -- if you are OVERSAMPLING by testing TOO MANY non-sick people, your case load increases substantially causing those raw case load numbers to become very much Apples when compared to the rest of the world's Oranges (even your OWN data becomes worthless in terms of showing growth rates). It also causes new cases to skew high as a percent of the total tests.

Europe Union is counting SICK PEOPLE. United States is counting sick people PLUS lots and lots of MILD CASES.

Apples > Oranges, people -- it's very easy math.

But by all means, let's keep posting main stream media scare-a-ganda that does not show the context or the full picture.

Do I have to compile a graph that obliterates the CNN graph? Or can I just pick a random day and demonstrate it with obvious raw data? Is it even worth my time anymore, or are people so vested in their political belief system that they can't believe raw science and math anymore?

Screw it ... here's a recent day pulled randomly .. choose another day and I will happily show the raw numbers for that day ...

June 25th

European Union tests conducted: 151,340
                          Total new cases: 6,025

United States tests conducted: 637,587
                          Total new cases: 39,061

We tested 4x what the EU did on that day! Of COURSE our case results are going to blow EU's out of the water when doing that type of sampling compared with the EU. And the more we sample, the more we know where areas are hotter than others -- so we randomly sample EVEN MORE PEOPLE in those areas ... causing the percent of positives to come back even higher.

This is frustratingly obvious, yet half of the country watching CNN see only Apples being compared with Oranges and take the bait hook line and sinker.
                          Last edited by Kung Wu; June 29, 2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Well that escalated quick - Governor orders perpetual Halloween.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              Well that escalated quick - Governor orders perpetual Halloween.
                              https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...43879982.html?
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

(This is not targeted at you ShockerFever, I know you already know this as you have been following along from early on. This is for the new people being scared to death by CNN)

For at least the 3rd time -- maybe more like the 5th time -- if you are OVERSAMPLING by testing TOO MANY non-sick people, your case load increases substantially causing those raw case load numbers to become very much Apples when compared to the rest of the world's Oranges (even your OWN data becomes worthless in terms of showing growth rates). It also causes new cases to skew high as a percent of the total tests.

Europe Union is counting SICK PEOPLE. United States is counting sick people PLUS lots and lots of MILD CASES.

Apples > Oranges, people -- it's very easy math.

But by all means, let's keep posting main stream media scare-a-ganda that does not show the context or the full picture.

Do I have to compile a graph that obliterates the CNN graph? Or can I just pick a random day and demonstrate it with obvious raw data? Is it even worth my time anymore, or are people so vested in their political belief system that they can't believe raw science and math anymore?

Screw it ... here's a recent day pulled randomly .. choose another day and I will happily show the raw numbers for that day ...

June 25th

European Union tests conducted: 151,340
                                Total new cases: 6,025

United States tests conducted: 637,587
                                Total new cases: 39,061

We tested 4x what the EU did on that day! Of COURSE our case results are going to blow EU's out of the water when you doing that type of sampling compared with the EU. And the more we sample, the more we know where areas are hotter than others -- so we randomly sample EVEN MORE PEOPLE in those areas ... causing the percent of positives to come back even higher.

This is frustratingly obvious, yet half of the country watching CNN see only Apples being compared with Oranges and take the bait hook line and sinker.
                                Ok, I'll play along too since we are picking and choosing charts. Death rate nearly down to where it was in March.

Capture.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X