Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Man I struggled where to post this...off topic, CV-19, around the AAC, around the NCAA, Trump, Politics, wildly stupid educators, Minneapolis, BLM....so many choices...….

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/college-...pcoming-season

The most important thing is that it apparently doesn't affect WSU. That's a good thing.

So we're going to have a socially distancing band IN THE STANDS, but we can't have them doing traditional pregame or halftime shows....outdoors. Will they be able to do a non-traditional halftime show? Maybe they could do one inside during practice then project it onto the field at halftime. Can THE Ohio State University band do script Ohio if it's in Braille? How about if they wear all black unis?

Will an HBC band be allowed to march and spell out the n word in support of the oppressed rappers around the country?

I'm guessing no basket tosses and arm-stands for the cheerleaders? Yell leaders everywhere (non-LGBQTXYZPDQ of course) in mourning.

But we're ok with 22 guys in full contact football for 150 plays over 3 hours. And I'm guessing the bands are probably 80% white while the football teams are likely 80% black.....where's the outrage from BLM? It's ok for blacks to get Covid as long as precious privileged whitey gets his football and can play the alto sax at a safe distance. Will you have to wear a mask while taking a knee?

Assuming only the very privileged old white men will be allowed to attend, can we pass the plate to collect for slave reparations at halftime if everyone wears gloves?

Does a bank robber have to wear 2 masks? If he or she is a member of Antifa...….3 masks?

So many questions these days...…..so few people capable of forming a reasonable answer.
    Bro, you need to turn off the news and go fishing.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• From an MIT professor. He normalized cases vs tests. It doesn’t tell the whole story, of course, but food for thought.

Livin the dream

Comment

• yQD.gif
        Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I think prairie dog hunting would release a lot more endorphins.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I chuckled!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Fish Lives Matter!

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

You're telling me?!

Caught a little Red Snapper fishing on WFN this morning. Also the sheepshead were biting like crazy! Those sheepshead have some human like chompers!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                yQD.gif

I think prairie dog hunting would release a lot more endorphins.
                Yes, we need some more highlights from South Dakota.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Fish Lives Matter!
                  I think the fish are winning.

Comment

• Texas pauses reopening as hospitals inundated with 'explosion' of COVID-19 cases

In other news, Trump says the coronavirus is 'going away.'

Comment

• United States Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

We are in for some big. ass. trouble. over the next couple weeks/months folks.

Wear those masks and skip the restaurant/bar or any other place where masks aren't being worn.

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; June 25, 2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Fauci not wearin' a wufan/Kung-approved mask. He better go back to medical school... o_O

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200624.html

Coronavirus cases seem to be rising in states with relaxed policies on wearing masks, leading experts to reemphasize the importance of face coverings to preventing spread of the disease.

Sixteen states currently recommend, but do not require, that residents wear masks in public. In those states — including Texas and Arizona — new coronavirus cases have risen by 84% over the last two weeks, according to an Inquirer analysis.

In the 11 states that mandate wearing masks in public — including New York, Illinois, and Michigan — new cases have fallen by 25% over the last two weeks. Other states that are less stringent and require mask-wearing by employees and patrons of certain businesses have seen an overall 12% drop in cases (Pennsylvania, which is in this group, has seen a 28% drop.) Meanwhile, states that require masks only for employees of certain businesses have seen a 70% increase, on average, in new cases.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/docto...111943253.html

In a series of interviews, doctors on the front lines in states where COVID-19 infections are exploding lamented the controversy in stark terms. They argue that mixed messages from mayors, governors and President Donald Trump are making it harder for people to appreciate the need for masking — especially as infections among younger citizens jump sharply.

“Honestly the politicization of science is one of our incredible societal downfalls. Science should not be politics,” Dr. Hilary Fairbrother, a Houston emergency medicine physician, told Yahoo Finance on Wednesday. The Lone Star state is in the throes of a record number of cases that threatens to overwhelm health systems in major cities like Dallas and Houston.

Fairbrother said the debate has become a Hobson’s choice that lacks nuance, between those who want to “close down the entire world for at least 3 years until there is no coronavirus left in any corner of the planet,” and others who are unconcerned about rising casualties.

“There’s no middle ground, there’s no common sense or application of good science,” she added. “I beg people to start listening to scientists, and stop listening to politicians on all things coronavirus.”
                        At this point, I'd support a temporary federal law mandating face masks indoors in public settings. You don't have a mask on, you get a ticket. You get 3 tickets and you spend the weekend in jail (with a mask glued/stapled to your head).

If I were president I would do this now. It is a matter of national security. Our economy is integral to our security. Call me a dictator, I don't care. Sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

T

Comment

• $1.4 billion in COVID-19 stimulus checks went to dead people as federal agencies botch data sharing, says GAO

Comment

• Comment

• https://www.cleveland.com/coronaviru...-got-sick.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio — In Missouri, two hair stylists who tested positive for COVID-19 after working in close contact with 140 clients and six coworkers. Local health officials feared it would be the start of a major outbreak.

But it wasn’t.

The reason? Employees and patrons at the Great Clips salon were required to wear masks, health officials said.

“The result appears to be one of the clearest real-world examples of the ability of masks to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus,”
                              the Washington Post wrote this month. Local health officials are studying the details of the Springfield, Missouri, incident, including what types of face coverings were used and what other precautions were taken.
                              The fact that none of the exposed people became ill “is something we need to think about,” said Dr. Claudia Hoyen, director of pediatric infection control at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital.

“There are definite lessons we can learn from this,” Hoyen said. “This is a good example of why we all should be wearing masks.”

The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 spreads when infected persons expel the virus in airborne droplets while talking or coughing. When people wear a mask, fewer droplet are released, and the ones that are released don’t travel as far, Hoyen said.
                              Sounds like something that might come right out of ol' CB's piehole.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

We are in for some big. ass. trouble. over the next couple weeks/months folks.

Wear those masks and skip the restaurant/bar or any other place where masks aren't being worn.
                                Increasing cases do not mean jack! Get back to me when deaths start increasing. Deaths have been declining here in CA since April. Cases have "spiked" because of the protests and because of increased testing (particularly of patients going to see doctors or hospitals because of other elective reasons).

Comment

Working...
                                X