KWCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWCH

Channel 12 losing another sports anchor - Arielle Orsuto moving to Denver. I guess they have another chance to find a good sports anchor, they have not had a good one for years.

If Arielle is moving to Denver, then she's considered a good one by the industry. Denver is a much larger market. That's a very upward move.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• bleednblackngold
      bleednblackngold commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously? Good for them. I think she is a good person but come on. Hope the best for her.

• SHOXJOCK
      SHOXJOCK commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for her and good for my fast forward button. Was not a fan of her. KWCH needs to hit a home run on her replacement there last few at bats sucked.

• BostonWu
      BostonWu commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt she's moving to a much bigger market but there's a difference between anchor and reporter. Still I'm certain it's a logical career step.

Denver is Bruce’ market and the former boss at KWCH. Plenty of references.

Comment

They just need to hire me.

Comment

Sorry to be politically incorrect, but someone may as well say it: whatever one thinks of Arielle personally, female sports anchors are trendy nowadays, and being a woman is a good credential for one who wants to move up in the local news ranks.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks -- nice extreme overreaction, ASM.

To their credit, more of the female sports anchors I see nowadays do sound like they're actual fans who know something about sports, but there are still too many SMHers out there (not that there aren't a number of male sports anchors in that category as well -- just not as many) who make me wonder what the station manager was doing. It wouldn't surprise me if demographics played a part in the promotion.

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          And nobody watched the USWNT in the World Cup. As the father of 6 girls, I can tell you that the cliche of women being sports ignorant is very 1970's.

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, 6 girls... congratulations, you got me beat...

https://media.giphy.com/media/5la145...v2zw/giphy.gif

https://binged.it/32kqNfZ

Queen of cliche’, kind of funny when they don’t come out right or applied awkwardly. She does seem to try hard though, just not much original thought especially when viewing Sports Sunday, which I don’t anymore.

Comment

Unless they have a strong twitter/social media presence, I couldn't tell you who the anchors were anyways. That's why Taylor is king around here. Does great work and strong Social Media presence. TV station anchors are a dying breed.

Comment

Haven't watched a local sports broadcast in years. How sad I just said that...

Comment

As long as I'm ruffling feathers anyway (see ASM's conniption above), let me add my customary thread police observation: what the heck does this have to do with WSU Men's Basketball, moderators?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Most of our threads end up off topic anyway. So maybe this one starts off-topic and ends up on-topic.

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Who's walking down the streets of the city, smiling at everybody she sees...

https://media.giphy.com/media/cLItt9JyWtTZC/giphy.gif

Oops, sorry, wrong thread...

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, it's summer and the off-season... :)

Maybe this'll (that's for you-know-who) help:

Mys.jpg

Comment

people still watch the news? sounds like there are faster and more productive ways to get the scoop these days.

Comment

So what do you all think of KWCH's coverage of Shocker basketball? Assuming you knew they still cover Shocker basketball.

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
                    Awesome Sauce Malone commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wouldn't know. I never relied on them for Shocker basketball coverage.

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It used to slightly favor the Shocks Arielle seemed to slightly favor the Hawks.

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No doubt, she sucks up to the Hawks... probably was looking for a job in KC.

Am i the only one who thinks Taylor should dust off his resume and take her place? KWCH ratings would go thru the roof.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                    RoyalShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Taylor is a gifted writer and understands advanced metrics. I think his gifts would be wasted on TV.

• wichshock65
                    wichshock65 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    But what if he brought to TV what he does to print...wow.

Sports Sunday would suddenly turn into a can't miss for most.

I have never heard of this woman.
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

taylor's technical skills on tv require his own 30-minute show... maybe a true sports sunday.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                      1979Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I could see him being a co-host of Sports Sunday, sort of like how he co-hosts the Talk Angry podcast.
                  Working...
                  X