Wichita State Bring Back Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State Bring Back Football

personality always big fan of football and think wichita should bring it back. never played multiple car accidents but think could be good. we have potential to big freaky but just need to get the team started and no skinny as %$#@ no pansies no size need team like crag titus look! huge and %#@&ing freak! my favorite player philadelphia eagle Leonard stanley Persin Sr. broke leg and never played more

This is why drugs are bad, kids
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

If this wasn't the slow time of the year ...
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

All your base are belong to us?
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Though, wouldn't it be kind of poetic and a last nod to Bardo's vision of WSU if this did happen? Would almost seem like divine intervention.
              The Assman

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                A $100M life insurance policy with the beneficiary being The Wichita State Football department. That would do it.

T

...:cool:

Divine intervention would have to come in the form of an endowment of 30 to 40 million dollars each year

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe a ONE-TIME $100 million endowment would suffice? I've been working on it, but coming up a little short. I don't care what anyone says, Wichita isn't an 'All-American City' without a Division I football program and I don't think Friends can pull it off. "I have a dream..."

https://media.giphy.com/media/Hidva3NC6BulW/giphy.gif

Multiple screen names with the same shtick is definitely not old.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Divine intervention would have to come in the form of an endowment of 30 to 40 million dollars each year
                That's literally the only thing that would make this happen. And the one person connected to WSU with the means to do it has built a fortune on investing in feasible businesses, and is too smart to invest their money in what will amount to a donation at the end of the day. Odds are slightly better that their offspring might be interested, but that just means the odds are slightly higher than zero.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So you're telling me there's a chance; oh, I mean 'Chase'...

https://media.giphy.com/media/27FmEE89zFtMA/giphy.gif

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chase would be the man...

When his father passes he might be looking to make a splash. Setting up an account for Shocker football would be a mighty splash. He wouldn't have to lay out 100 million either. He could just write checks every year to cover the short fall. 7-10 million a year? Peanuts.

Maybe start off with an initial donation of 10 million asking the community to step up and match his efforts with whatever they can afford. I bet we get to 15 million pretty quick. Maybe even 20. The school sells bonds to build the stadium and we're off to the races.

T

So easy if you spend other people's money.

Comment

The ONLY way WSU brings back football is if Charles Koch decides to mirror recent billionaire brethren, Jim Walton and Warren Buffet's decision to donate billions of dollars to charitable organizations. He would need to provide 150 million for a complete overhaul of the stadium and outdoor track facility, (125 million to revamp the stadium and another 25 million to re-locate the outdoor track and field - no way in heck should we be like KU and still play on a field with a 8-lane track on the perimeter).

Then, he would need to donate another 150 million to be placed in a interest earning fund that will kick-start scholarship, coaching salaries, equipment, and other overhead needs for immediate and future needs.

Lastly, he would need to donate another 25 million for WSU to adhere to Title 9 requirements so we can create a woman's soccer team. This money would be needed for a soccer only stadium, scholarships and overhead costs.

About 325-350 million donation sound about right?

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Only pocket change...

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's totally ludicrous. $350 million? Yeah, we're gonna build the stadium with cash... *rolls eyes*

T

Working...
                X