Golf: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf: General Discussion

Hard not to cheer for this guy... looks like him and his wife took a page right out of Fred's playbook.

Zack Sucher details grim financial situation before $633K win at Travelers
    "We basically decided that we can do two interest-free credit cards and we can max them out. When they're maxed out, we'll let them sit there and we will have 12 months to pay them off. And in 12 months we might be in a terrible place that we don't even want to think about, but we bet on ourselves," he told the Fore Play podcast.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...cid=spartanntp
    Last edited by WstateU; June 25, 2019, 05:51 PM.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Nice Young man. Met him in 2014 when he finished tied for 17 at the Wichita Open. He also won on the Korn Ferry Tour (I still can't say it with a straight face) that year. He is one of the players you really root for. Good luck to Zack!

Comment

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      What exactly does a Corn Fairy look like?

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll get on that, but curiosity killed the cat.

Hey. Just wanted to give a shout out to ShoxAAC for another great year of doing what he does best. He does a great job of handling the media relations at the Wichita Open.

Comment

Golf in Wichita: unfortunate to close Clapp. I grew up playing there and Mac Park. I understand it's expensive to operate, but so is a dog park (with no potential revenue)...

Comment

If I were King, the plan would be to restructure Clapp into an executive 9 hole course, lower green fees, and market it. Put up big lights for night golf, maybe even astroturf greens. Get a pro with sole responsibility for making it work financially...

Comment

Clapp was poorly run and poorly maintained for years which didn't help with the rounds played numbers. It may be in the best shape now it's been in a long time. I do agree that a 9 hole executive would make a lot of sense.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I am sad about the closing of Clapp Park. I was a young lad when my neighbor across the street, the assistant pro at Clapp, offered me a ride to the course any day I wanted to go. I would sweep out the pro shop and then have free access to the golf course. I cut my teeth playing Clapp regularly through the 1970's. I got to know Steve Shaffer, Dave Fillman, Pete Hainline, Hippie, Greg Town, Jim Tharp, Jay and Chris Collaitte (mispelled I'm sure) and many others that shaped my golf career. I have played it sporadically since. I will play it one more time prior to it closing on August 2nd. I will relish my final round at Clapp. Teeing off on the the first hole hitting over the subtle crest towards the green. Can I one more time drive the short par-4 11th hole. Will my eyes stay dry as a launch my final sand wedge toward the flag on number 18? Over the years, Clapp was my friend as well as my adversary. I will value and cherish the memories we created over the 45 years we have known each other. Although after August 2nd, we will never cross paths again, I will forever remember our mornings, days and nights together making memories that will stay with me forever. Farewell my faithful friend.

Comment

Working...
          X