No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentioned in the 316 thread, but I visited Chick N Max for the first time today. I missed breakfast so I took an early lunch and had the chicken and waffles. For a fast food chicken place, based only on what I had, it was pretty good. I don't frequent fast food chicken and when I do, it's usually getting a wrap at Chick-fil-a. But the waffles were solid and the chicken was well cooked and seasoned decently. I had zero complaints and the service was fantastic.

Next time I go I'll have to try one of the sandwiches or something, but it was good. Maybe it doesn't match up to others, I don't know. Like I said, as much as I love chicken in general, I just don't often visit the likes of KFC or Popeye's or whatever else is out there. Maybe I should. I'm not saying Chick N Max wowed me or anything, but we're talking fast food here.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It's back (I've never had it)

AOL - Metro Grill's Wichita revival starts this weekend with soft opening, limited menu

Wichita’s long wait for the return of Metro Grill — and its once-loved sandwiches like the Cuban and the Infamous BOB — are almost over.

On Saturday, Victor Hammond and Michael Gonzalez will launch a soft opening for their revived Metro Grill, which will operate out of the Wichita Cheesecake Company space at 801 E. Douglas. The soft opening menu will include the aforementioned sandwiches as well as a veggie sandwich and a pasta dish called Pasta Mia. It’ll also feature poblano white cheddar soup and a Caesar salad that can be topped with choice of chicken, shrimp or salmon.

Opening day hours on Saturday will be 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., and people can get food either by going inside the restaurant or at its drive-through window. After Saturday, hours will be 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. inside and 11 a.m. until 3 a.m. for the drive-through.

Longtime Wichita foodies will remember the Metro Grill sandwich cart from Town East Square, which Gonzalez started in 2004. His sandwiches and pastas were so popular there that he branched out with several restaurants around the area.
      Does anyone have fond memories of this place? I remember hearing of it, but never experienced it.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Do you have a sweet tooth?

Wichita by EB - First Look at Bakesale Treat Parlor

A new dessert shop is now open at Bradley Fair in the former Marble Slab Creamery space next door to Lululemon. If you remember Peace, Love, & Pie who closed earlier this year, then this is the place for you. The same group which brought the pie shop along with HomeGrown has introduced Bakesale Treat Parlor.

============
        2000 N Rock Rd, Wichita, KS 67206
        316-440-4706

Monday – Saturday: 10am – 9pm
        Sunday: Noon – 6pm

Website | Facebook
        Cash/Card Accepted

They have expanded upon the Peace, Love & Pie concept to sell cookies, cakes, ice cream, coffee, teas, lemonade, adult beverages and more.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Anyone familiar with this place? I'm glad to see the space to the north of Academy is finally being used.

AOL - Opening day for this new-to-Wichita burger chain - which also serves wings - has arrived

Wichitans waiting for the opening of Wichita’s first Fatburger, which will be part of a co-branded restaurant called Fatburger & Buffalo’s Express, can stop waiting.

Wednesday (July 20) is opening day for the restaurant, which is at 2556 N. Greenwich, Suite 107, a spokesperson for the chain confirmed. It opens at 11 a.m., then its hours will be 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and 11 am. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.

Though it’s near K-96 and Greenwich, those looking for the restaurant won’t find it just by driving past. It’s tucked back in the Wichita Crossing Center (which also has Jersey Mike’s and Crumbl Cookies) and is connected to the north end of the Academy Sports store there.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Anyone familiar with this place? I'm glad to see the space to the north of Academy is finally being used.

AOL - Opening day for this new-to-Wichita burger chain - which also serves wings - has arrived
            Is SM their spokesperson?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Anyone familiar with this place? I'm glad to see the space to the north of Academy is finally being used.

Honestly never really heard of the place before Denise started making a huge deal about it.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Honestly never really heard of the place before Denise started making a huge deal about it.
                I've seen it pop up in burger joint debates from time to time online, but I've never seen one and know little about it.

I may have to see if some friends want to go check it out in the near future. If I do, I'll report back. It is in my neck of the woods.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I've eaten at one while traveling through LA. Was a decent burger and fries. The milkshake was out of this world!

Comment

• This one seems interesting.

Wichita by EB - A Japanese crepe restaurant is coming to Wichita

Wichita used to have a dedicated crepe food truck along with a restaurant. There was even a crepe pop-up in Derby. They’ve all since closed, leaving us with few options, but a chain with over twenty locations across the country and Canada called T-Swirl Crêpe is making its way to Wichita. No official address was given to me, but I’m being told this will be in east Wichita.

This new restaurant caters to every diner with both sweet and savory crepes, each made with 100-percent gluten-free rice flour batter.

According to their website, they have 28 sweet and savory options to choose from. Prices can range anywhere from $6-12 depending on what you get. These concoctions and include everything from fruit, chocolate, and cheesecake to bacon, short ribs and salads.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Wichita by EB - Grand opening for Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux set for next week

A date has finally been set. Walk-On’s Sports Bistreaux will officially open on Monday, August 15.

Doors will open at 11 a.m. in the former Granite City building at 2661 N. Maize Road. Finally, after five years of being vacant, the space will have a new restaurant. They have long been planning a mid-August to early September grand opening. It’s rare a restaurant can stick to a tentative date, but it appears Walk-On’s will.

The chain based out of Louisiana serves Southern and Cajun-style dishes. The Wichita location, which is a first for Kansas has already hired 125 employees. Once the restaurant opens, they’ll have roughly 120-130 televisions inside and over 45 beers on tap. There will be retractable garage doors for the sometimes rare beautiful weather in Wichita and a patio facing the northeast side of the building.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• My favorite sub-shop, Quiznos, is no more in Wichita. The last Quiznos in Wichita, at 550 N Webb has closed.

But soon, the space it vacated will be home to a new poke restaurant called Pokemoto.

Pokemoto, a Connecticut-based chain with restaurants mostly in the eastern half of the United States, specializes in Hawaiian poke bowls made with various proteins, toppings and sauces. Customers can build their own bowls or choose from predetermined combinations.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/entertainment...#storylink=cpy

I will have to give the new guys a try. Probably healthier selections.

Pokémoto offers Hawaiian style poke bowls and a culture-rich Poké experience that is quick, healthy, & affordable! Stop in today!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          My favorite sub-shop, Quiznos, is no more in Wichita. The last Quiznos in Wichita, at 550 N Webb has closed.

But soon, the space it vacated will be home to a new poke restaurant called Pokemoto.

Pokemoto, a Connecticut-based chain with restaurants mostly in the eastern half of the United States, specializes in Hawaiian poke bowls made with various proteins, toppings and sauces. Customers can build their own bowls or choose from predetermined combinations.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/entertainment...#storylink=cpy

I will have to give the new guys a try. Probably healthier selections.

Pokémoto offers Hawaiian style poke bowls and a culture-rich Poké experience that is quick, healthy, & affordable! Stop in today!

Hummmm. Connecticut Hawaiian.

Comment

• A new pizza place opening up for the west side.

Wichita by EB - Grand opening day and menu for Maple Street Pizza Company announced

On Monday, August 22, Maple Street Pizza Company will officially be open to the public. Their hours of operation will be from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday only for the first week. Starting August 29, they will start opening at 11 a.m. for lunch and close at 9 p.m. from Monday through Saturday and closed on Sunday.

This is pretty exciting news as the new pizza place could end up being a great date night option with sangria and wine on tap, craft beers and cocktails; all which will pair well with their 12-inch pizzas. The drive-thru which was never used by the previous restaurants will be finally accessible for carryout orders as well.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Two of the five are in Wichita

News Break - Five Seafood restaurants in Kansas have been ranked as the best places to eat in the state

3. George's French Bistro in Wichita, KS. This restaurant has an amazing romantic atmosphere and is good for special occasions.

Their bio says, "A perfect setting for modern French cuisine located in the heart of College Hill. Now serving dinner and catering menu options."

The most popular menu items here are Scallops, Salmon, and Steak Frites.

4. Newport Grill in Wichita, KS. This restaurant offers a scenic view to go along with its fantastic food.

Their bio says, "Newport Grill is a new progressive seafood restaurant here in Wichita. We receive "top of the boat" fresh fish six days a week! Executive Chef Kevin Derks has created a diverse and delicious menu that will make anybody's taste buds dance!"

The most popular menu items here are Seafood Paella, Pacific Swordfish, and Georges Bank Scallops.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Can't wait!!
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X