No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you’re looking for some gems to try out. Here are some suggestions.

I feel like I keep a pretty good pulse on all the information out there. I pay attention to everything that's being written, all the great reviews being
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
      If you’re looking for some gems to try out. Here are some suggestions.

https://www.wichitabyeb.com/2021/06/...staurants.html
      Shameless self promotion. I approve. Mostly because I follow you and like your approach, even when I disagree with your conclusions.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Shameless self promotion. I approve. Mostly because I follow you and like your approach, even when I disagree with your conclusions.
        I almost always agree with his conclusions, and very much appreciate learning about hidden dining gems in Wichita.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Ms Atl and I will be in Wichita at the end of the month for a couple of days - actually staying in Newton.

We are stopping by the campus for à few minutes upon arrival. But what else? What is the ONE restaurant (not formal may not even pack a pair of long pants) we should not miss? What else is worth us visiting? Mostly stopping to see family but want to get the 'Wichita Highlights.'

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
            Ms Atl and I will be in Wichita at the end of the month for a couple of days - actually staying in Newton.

We are stopping by the campus for à few minutes upon arrival. But what else? What is the ONE restaurant (not formal may not even pack a pair of long pants) we should not miss? What else is worth us visiting? Mostly stopping to see family but want to get the 'Wichita Highlights.'
            Strouds.

Comment

Not a restaurant but hit The Nifty Nut House just N of Old Town. Huge selection of nuts, candy (both prepared there and prepackaged) and other bulk oddities. You will be blown away by the size of this place.

Comment

Also for lunch or breakfast, Doo Dah Diner

Comment

You can't go wrong with Doo Dah. That place is an absolute treasure.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Not a restaurant but hit The Nifty Nut House just N of Old Town. Huge selection of nuts, candy (both prepared there and prepackaged) and other bulk oddities. You will be blown away by the size of this place.
                    Went today. What a fun place!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Whataburger.

'Nuf said.

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is now an investor in a franchise group that plans to open more than two dozen Whataburger locations. At least one of them will be in Wichita, Kansas. 

Comment

• College Hill Deli, and Gabby’s Peruvian is crazy good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Never had one; probably like a Good Burger…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            15 is the man!
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Figure this is the place for general food/restaurant news.

Wichita by EB - One restaurant to reopen while another closes on Friday

I've heard of both of these places, but have never been to either.

Fat Ernie's is back in action, but The Mustard Seed in Augusta is shutting down due to rising food prices. There's something about smaller town restaurants closing that sucks more than those in bigger cities. Maybe it's just because I'm from a small town and have an appreciation for what some of those small town places mean to a community that I don't feel in larger cities with an insane amount of options. Not that I celebrate them closing or anything, it just seems less impactful to the community as a whole to me. It's probably why I'm also saddened when I travel and you go through these smaller communities where main street is mostly boarded up and you know there was a time when there was a lot more vibrancy to the community.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• WBJ - Hopping Gnome Brewing announces plans for new taproom

Not my scene, but I've heard good things about this place. Expansion is usually a positive as long as it isn't rushed.

Summer 2023 is the targeted opening, and construction will start later this summer.

"While people have always loved our unique and cozy taproom, they are also constantly asking us if we’ve ever thought about expanding. We’ve been thinking about this for years, and agree that our charming place can be even better with more space and seating options," said Torrey Lattin, who is also Hopping Gnome's head brewer, in a news release. "We’re ready to grow, and we know Wichita is ready to grow with us. After lots of planning over the last year, we're finally ready to make this dream a reality."

The taproom will be around 1,400 square feet — double the size of the taproom within the current location in the Douglas Design District. The expansion will also feature a large, covered patio (with heaters for the colder months), an added outdoor beer garden and more indoor and outdoor seating.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X