No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geno's Bar-B-Q Review: https://www.wichitabyeb.com/2016/08/genos-bar-b-q-review.html

I think your review is on target.

My daughter and her 2 sons moved to Kechi this past summer. Geno's has become one of their favorite places. The grandsons love it (kid's like simplicity) and my daughter says it is a lot cheaper for her to go there than it is to go to McDonald's. I tried Geno's for the first time Saturday at noon. I had the Smokestack sandwich and it was quite good. As you say the sides are pretty simple and ordinary. But for the money it is a very good value. Personally, I like to support the small Mom and Pop establishments especially in small towns. Geno is apparently no longer around and his wife now runs the restaurant. As you say their hours are quite limited. In fact, I don't think they open on Sundays anymore. Just Friday evenings and Saturday from Noon to 7.

I will definitely go back as I am in Kechi quite often now with my daughter and grandsons in Kechi plus my grandsons love it.

Comment

EB’s review of Journey East:

Braeburn Square at Wichita State University is continuing to grow. The shopping strip right off of 21st street that holds Fuzzy's Taco Shop has added another

Comment

If you’re looking for some fun food adventures. Here’s nine hidden gems that require a little extra work getting to.

Wichita By E.B. is free resource for restaurant reviews, dining suggestions, local business highlights, event, things to do away from home and anything Wichita.
        ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
        www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Looks like Denise Neil has a book coming out looking at Wichita Restaurants from 1870 through the late 1980's. Should be an interesting read. Do you remember PastaMill, Willie C’s, Amarillo Grill, Innes Tea Room, Hickory House, Albert’s, Abe’s, Elizabeth’s, Lazy-R, Chateau Briand, The Looking Glass, Dr. Redbird’s Medicinal Inn, Fife and Drum?

Comment

Yes. Yes. Yes. No. Yes. Yes. No? No? No. Yes. No. No. No.

Edit: Added a No for Medicinal Inn.
            Last edited by Kung Wu; May 11, 2021, 08:06 AM.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Yes. Yes. Yes. No. Yes. Yes. No? No? No. Yes. No. No.
              No to Dr. Redbird's?!?!? Sorry you missed that. Also, there was 13 listed and your Y/N was 12.

Comment

I'm only familiar with two of those, but I think I've heard other talk about two others before. The rest are completely unheard of to me.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

While not solely a Wichita thing, as a kid I remember our family tradition of going to Grandy's. Loved that place. Phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

No to Dr. Redbird's?!?!? Sorry you missed that. Also, there was 13 listed and your Y/N was 12.
                    I thought it was Dr Redbird's Medicinal Inn. Those are two separate things?

Comment

No Chi Chi's? :)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        While not solely a Wichita thing, as a kid I remember our family tradition of going to Grandy's. Loved that place. Phenomenal.
                        They still have them in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          No Chi Chi's? :)
                          Weird thing. I once ate at a Chi Chi's in Luxembourg. Totally strange to see one there.

Comment

They had the best rolls! Growing up, we did Grandy's, Angelo's, Big Cheese Pizza, and my Grandparents started taking me to Don's Restaurant when I was a little guy.

Comment

++ Underrated Grandy's offerings....the ribs they served were WAY above average for a fast food place. Also, the breakfast was ridiculous. The biscuits, especially with the mini chicken fried steak and egg (which they cooked perfectly, and by perfectly I mean with the yolk not completely set and you simply can't get that anymore for fear of being sued) and cheese....I'd crawl a mile over broken glass for that breakfast sandwich.

Can I get to Texas before they stop serving breakfast? (Checks Google Map)

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Underrated Grandy's offerings....the ribs they served were WAY above average for a fast food place.
                                Wait, what? They had ribs?! Honestly I don't know how anyone could go there and not order chicken-fried steak. That would take discipline.

Comment

Working...
                                X