Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10"

Comment

Didn't wanna create a new thread just for sharing this: HOLY @#$% it's cold outside! Days like THIS are why real estate is so cheap in Wichita.

Shock said something the other day in a thread about how it can be very tolerable in Alaska on a -15F day due to the humidity. I never knew the role humidity played w/ regards to winter pain. CB LOVES getting schooled. Last night it was 37ish and almost 50% humidity and I raised my fist and cursed the gods. I said to myself, this is the coldest place on earth right now. Well, today is more of the same. So many times in my life I had cursed a 40 degree day and exclaimed that it felt colder than many sub-freezing days in my memory. I always chalked it up to a context shock from temperature variances. Nope. It's also the water in the air. Of course wind sucks too... a lot!

Comment

Supposed to be closing in on 90 in SD today. Mad Santa Ana winds though. Hold on to your skirts ladies...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Supposed to be closing in on 90 in SD today. Mad Santa Ana winds though. Hold on to your skirts ladies...
        We've got 50+ mph winds in ICT today as well.

Comment

16107456044444894476863084788225.jpgIts above freezing, well right at 32° but steady 25 mph winds gusting to 60 with intermittent snow. We got about 3" I guess. Picking my wife up from work, parked illegally, nobody is writing tickets today.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Glad I don’t live there. Looks terrible.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Didn't wanna create a new thread just for sharing this: HOLY @#$% it's cold outside! Days like THIS are why real estate is so cheap in Wichita.

Shock said something the other day in a thread about how it can be very tolerable in Alaska on a -15F day due to the humidity. I never knew the role humidity played w/ regards to winter pain. CB LOVES getting schooled. Last night it was 37ish and almost 50% humidity and I raised my fist and cursed the gods. I said to myself, this is the coldest place on earth right now. Well, today is more of the same. So many times in my life I had cursed a 40 degree day and exclaimed that it felt colder than many sub-freezing days in my memory. I always chalked it up to a context shock from temperature variances. Nope. It's also the water in the air. Of course wind sucks too... a lot!
              It's cold here. Temps in the mid-50's. Rainy. Windy.

Now tomorrow, that will be different. I think I saw 67 and the temps will vary between there and the lower 70's for the next 5 days.

And if you'd ever been to Houston in the winter, you would understand. I have beefed up my socks during my bike rides where I am now, but it used to be that if I tried to cycle in the lower 50's in H-town, my feet would get cold and then numb (this was happening when I tried to go out and do 90 minute rides and I had to cut back a little). Where I am now not a problem. With an extra pair of thermal socks I can go out and ride in the high 30's to low 40's for around 90. So yes and I don't really understand why this happens more in the winter (perhaps more precipitation during the winter, but IDK) because it sure gets dry in ICT in July and August.

Comment

Snow is starting to pick up. My wife is off today and she is returning some Amazon crap at Kohl's. I'm doing donuts in the parking lot. 20210125_142120.jpg
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

...as cold as f....argo?

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    Snow is starting to pick up. My wife is off today and she is returning some Amazon crap at Kohl's. I'm doing donuts in the parking lot. 20210125_142120.jpg
                    Time to make a phone call!!!

or even better....the king!

Comment

Surprised nobody has bumped this. Not surprised too. It's almost comical. But perfectly appropriate for the way life has been going around here. I guess we should expect Wichita to get flattened by a tornado this spring. Or maybe Yellowstone blows.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        Surprised nobody has bumped this. Not surprised too. It's almost comical. But perfectly appropriate for the way life has been going around here. I guess we should expect Wichita to get flattened by a tornado this spring. Or maybe Yellowstone blows.
                        Dont be a p u s s y.
                        20210214_150804.jpg
                        Last edited by MoValley John; February 14, 2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Waiting to get my hair cut. Masked up. At least they got the roads clear. We had another 3 inches of snow Friday into yesterday morning.

16133371884535440021784958169394.jpg

Comment

I took my GSD to Tractor Supply today. Didn’t need anything, the dog just needed something to do. It is dangerous cold outside!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Dont be a p u s s y.
                              20210214_150804.jpg
                              Here's where we're at:

Pure arctic ****. But hey, at least the snow can't turn to brown slush within 2 hours like it usually does in Wichita.

Was that too racist?

Comment

Working...
                              X