No announcement yet.

New Downtown Baseball Stadium, AAA Club, and Associated RE Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently what it takes to "depolarize" our society nowadays is to come up with a dumbass sports team name.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• We can nickname the stadium, “The Fart Box”.

lol

Not my original thought, BTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        We can nickname the stadium, “The Fart Box”.

lol

Naming rights should be easy....Welcome to Glade Stadium!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          We can nickname the stadium, “The Fart Box”.

lol

Or the Dutch Oven.

Comment

• Is anybody surprised that the same people who decided on the current stadium capacity and design would choose a name like this? Has anybody ever went down to City Hall and had a gander at the typical city employee? The city worker's version of "Those who can't do, teach." would be: "Those who have absolutely no other option in life to be gainfully employed, work for the City of Wichita."

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Is anybody surprised that the same people who decided on the current stadium capacity and design would choose a name like this? Has anybody ever went down to City Hall and had a gander at the typical city employee? The city worker's version of "Those who can't do, teach." would be: "Those who have absolutely no other option in life to be gainfully employed, work for the City of Wichita."
              I have found this to be true: City workers that have to interface with a crap ton of lower-IQ citizens on a daily basis, have become zombified. City workers that DON'T have to interface with idiots all day are pretty intelligent and friendly.

For example, the engineers that I have met and interfaced with are pretty solid down there.

On the flip-side, there is a planner down there that is on the front line and has to interface with all the a-holes looking for a quick permit -- that guy is a zombie, and I get why. There's a-holes coming at him daily and bitching that they got caught trying to build a 3-story lean-to out of toothpicks without a permit. Then they get pissed he won't approve their permit, which puts them in a potential legal bind. THEY broke the rules, got caught, and now it's HIS fault their design isn't even in the stratosphere of code compliant. That'll turn ya into a zombie real quick.

FWIW, once he figures out you aren't trying to cheat and you are doing it the right way, he loosens up and becomes a pretty cool dude. But you gotta get past that zombie defense shield to see there's still a pretty cool human in there.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• [QUOTE=NCAABound;n1200406]

https://www.kansas.com
                Last edited by shoxplode; November 14, 2019, 05:51 PM. Reason: NM

Comment

• Has anyone ever experienced a storm surge (excuse me, wind surge) here in Wichita?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                    Has anyone ever experienced a storm surge (excuse me, wind surge) here in Wichita?
                    Yea, when my tall father swung his long arm into my small backside as a youngster. You could here the woooosh sound prior to impact.

Comment

• Welp, since merchandise with this crappy logo has already been produced and is available for sale, the team is committed. They can’t just yank all this merchandise off the shelves without risking financial pitfalls. Hopefully after the first season is over, they’ll seriously reconsider a name change. Until then, I’m just calling them the Wichita Wind.

Comment

• I'll just be calling them the AAA team. No merchandise for me. Won't affect my attendance. Although it should with the lack of community involvement shown by the organization.

Comment

• 12,000+ have now signed the petition.

Whether or not it will have much effect is hard to know.

I must admit if they wanted a name that blows they succeeded.

Comment

• LOL! Looks like that ship has sailed. Total f***tards.

I can't wait to see what they do with Century II.

40M on a library that sits empty all day was brilliant too.

T

Comment

• Should've narrowed down list to 3 or 5 names then let fans vote.

Comment

• Went to the funeral of Bill Keckler (WSU alum) today and sat next to an acquaintance who knew a lot about marketing etc. Said he couldn't believe the name chosen and the fact that the owner of the franchise has had this long and has talked to local folks and still chose that name makes him very nervous about how the owner is going to develop the rest of the land he has. Said he wouldn't be surprised if we see a ferris wheel and or a carousel along the river bank.

Comment

Working...
                                X