MacDonald Golf Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I read the title to this thread and envisioned a theme park where the Hamburgler would heckle golfers during their backswing and then pour hot coffee on them.
    HAHAHAH! Fixed!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Johnny Stevens (guy who submitted proposal) is a WSU alum and celebrated former athlete at WSU, IIRC.
      Yes, in fact, Johnny was a charter inductiee into the Shocker Hall of Fame in 1980.

Comment

Privatize Mac yesterday. Sell it to Johnny, and let him invest there (keep it open to the public). WSU recently leveled a golf course, I don't think they need a second shot. I loved Braeburn, but it was pretty rough over the last decade. Continue to invest on the main campus.

Then the city can take some cash from the sale, and reinvest in Clapp. Even redesign it as a 9-hole executive course with a driving range, and some private development at Harry/Oliver. Get out of the operating deficit, and drop the prices to play.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
          Privatize Mac yesterday. Sell it to Johnny, and let him invest there (keep it open to the public). WSU recently leveled a golf course, I don't think they need a second shot. I loved Braeburn, but it was pretty rough over the last decade. Continue to invest on the main campus.

Then the city can take some cash from the sale, and reinvest in Clapp. Even redesign it as a 9-hole executive course with a driving range, and some private development at Harry/Oliver. Get out of the operating deficit, and drop the prices to play.
          They didn't level Braeburn because they weren't doing a good job running it -- they leveled it because they needed the dirt. WSU should take over Mac. They would again have a place for golf classes, instructors and students to play, and a place for the new executives and tech staff to go that will be on campus due to the massive growth of the innovation centers. Plus keep it open to the public to help with recruitment. WSU won't get this opportunity very often, and that's an understatement.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I just miss the Cedar across the street on 13th.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Best damn ham sammich ever...
          Working...
          X