• Poll: Wichita State Name Change

My preference for Wichita State University's name would be:
    Wichita State University
    35.71%
    University of Wichita
    51.79%
    Wichita University
    12.50%
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I vote for THE University of Kansas.

T

...:cool:

Comment

University of Cincinnati
      University of Houston
      University of Memphis
      University of Tulsa

University of Wichita

------

It's like Bardo said in the announcement. We are elevating our city and university to the likes of Cinci, Houston, and Memphis.

I know it tough, but it's time to shed the "State" and form our own identify.

We are the Air Capital. We are Doo-Dah. We are the Shockers. We are the University of Wichita.
      The Assman

Comment

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Cincinnati (UC)
        Houston (UH)
        Memphis (UofM)
        Tulsa (TU)

Others:
        Louisville (UofL)
        Kansas (KU)
        Kentucky (UK)

I chose WSU, but for the other choices, do we go back to using WU like we did before changing to WSU (similar to how Kansas and Tulsa do)?
        Or do we go with the way most of the other schools do and use UW?

If I had to vote again, I would probably pick WU (matches with WuShock).

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      University of Cincinnati
      University of Houston
      University of Memphis
      University of Tulsa

University of Wichita
      University of Louisville
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish they were still in the American.

Does ECU for Louisville sound like a fair trade?!

• SHOCKvalue
        SHOCKvalue commented
        Editing a comment
        If Lulville was still in the AAC, WSU would probably still be in the MVC.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      My preference for Wichita State University's name would be:
      We might have a photo finish... 13 - 13

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        Wichita University is paying off 50/1 right now

Wit the move to UA we are already moving away from the WSU logo in favor of Wu and the “flying W”.

”Shockers” on uniforms is becoming more common, and I think going to just “Wichita” on others would look classy.

Perfect timing to partner a move to U of W!
      The Assman

Comment

WstateU = Wichita State University

Comment

Love the idea of reverting back to a name omitting “State”, but the turds at the KBoR would never go for it. Certainly some upside to joining the KBoR back in the day, but we more or less sold our soul to the devil.

Comment

• Shock Top
            Shock Top commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I’ve heard, lost a med school because of it. Probably will never have a law school because of it either.

Wish we could leave and build a bigger better med school and law school and tell the “flagship” and the KBOR to kick rocks.

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Love the idea of reverting back to a name omitting “State”, but the turds at the KBoR would never go for it. Certainly some upside to joining the KBoR back in the day, but we more or less sold our soul to the devil.
          You think the KBOR wouldn’t care, as long as UofW played nice with them.

(Maybe if we just start calling them UofW, we can just will it into existence; like how Andy Dufresne finally got that library in Shawshank!)
          The Assman

Comment

You think the KBOR wouldn’t care, as long as UofW played nice with them.

(Maybe if we just start calling them UofW, we can just will it into existence; like how Andy Dufresne finally got that library in Shawshank!)
            17jzpc.jpg

Comment

University of Wichita clearly sounds the best and makes the most sense. It also elevates the university from Cleveland State/Chicago State territory.

But of course, this will never happen.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                SN will make it happen! All we have to do is pool our limited strengths and skills together, and we can’t fail! :)

University of Cincinnati
              University of Houston
              University of Memphis
              University of Tulsa

University of Wichita

------

It's like Bardo said in the announcement. We are elevating our city and university to the likes of Cinci, Houston, and Memphis.

I know it tough, but it's time to shed the "State" and form our own identify.

We are the Air Capital. We are Doo-Dah. We are the Shockers. We are the University of Wichita.

Agreed 100%. Its time to drop the State from our name and become the "University of Wichita." However to keep with the tradition of Midwest Universities and backwards aabbreviations, we should be WU. KU is the University of Kansas, CU is the University of Colorado, MU is the University of Missouri, OU is the University of Oklahoma, TU is the University of Tulsa, etc. Besides, Washington pretty much owns the UW (u-dub) so sticking with WU gives us a little separation. It will be of little importance though because we would just be Wichita going forward. Nobody calls Memphis, Cinci, Lousville, Houston, Tulsa etc by their abbreviated letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post

Agreed 100%. Its time to drop the State from our name and become the "University of Wichita." However to keep with the tradition of Midwest Universities and backwards aabbreviations, we should be WU. KU is the University of Kansas, CU is the University of Colorado, MU is the University of Missouri, OU is the University of Oklahoma, TU is the University of Tulsa, etc. Besides, Washington pretty much owns the UW (u-dub) so sticking with WU gives us a little separation. It will be of little importance though because we would just be Wichita going forward. Nobody calls Memphis, Cinci, Lousville, Houston, Tulsa etc by their abbreviated letters.
                I guess I never thought about how many schools have backwards initials! That seems like it would be annoying, but all those schools seem to be fine and thriving with it that way.

Plus, it will make sense with Wu as our mascot and WU as the initials.
                The Assman

Comment

So, now I think it’s offically:

Name: University of Wichita (Short: Wichita)
                  Initals: WU

I dig it.
                  The Assman

Comment

So, now I think it’s offically:

Name: University of Wichita (Short: Wichita)
                    Initals: WU

I dig it.
                    History repeating itself. Does this mean restitution of football?
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Shockm
                      Shockm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I bet you it does.
                  Working...
                  X