No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a follow-up post; it’s been nice knowing y'all...

due-to-lack-of-men-iceland-will-pay-5-000-per-21994583.png
    Last edited by WstateU; June 21, 2018, 04:59 PM.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The Nigeria v Iceland game should be entertaining!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I heard VAR overturned a Neymar flop. Was he cautioned? I couldnt watch.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, overturned it. I don't think he was given a caution. Costa Rica was hacking the heck out of him most of the game, but not that time.

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        I heard VAR overturned a Neymar flop. Was he cautioned? I couldnt watch.
        Not that I heard or saw. He got a yellow a few minutes later. In case you missed the flop, here's a pretty good reenactment.

Comment

Man sooo much fun soccer since I posted.

Spain vs Belgium is going to be a fun championship game, assuming they continue to play like they are. We will know more about Spain today.

Germany finally looked like Germany for 70+ minutes. But they better continue to clean that defense up.

Croatia is a nice semi-surprise. They are better than most people think.

Japan vs Nigeria was the best under-the-radar game I have seen. It was the quintessential brains vs brawn match-up, and it didn't disappoint.

England. Harry Kane. Wow! They played a powder puff but they did what they were supposed to. Good for them!

Argentina. WTH!?

Brazil's foot skills are simply amazing. Why isn't it translating to a crap-ton of goals though? They are an enigma to me. And they, like Germany, better shore that defense up.

Russia is actually quite fun to watch.

France needs to be properly tested. That'll happen soon enough.

More parity in this Cup than any in recent history -- which is actually a great thing!

Those are random thoughts, but I have watched so much soccer that I am on overload.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Germany finally looked like Germany for 70+ minutes. But they better continue to clean that defense up.
            I can't count the number of times I watched that last goal.

Also, things are falling into place for a Germany/Brazil round of 16 match-up, which is really a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              I can't count the number of times I watched that last goal.
              Nuttin' but side net!

Comment

What a wild end to Group B!
                The Assman

Comment

That looked like my duck hook on the golf course!

Comment

If things hold steady, Germany is going to get knocked out. If Germany can win their game, we'll have a sweet three-way tie for first in that group.

Comment

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

but ... but ... germany

waaaaaaaaah

Comment

• WuDrWu
                          WuDrWu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The defending champs finish last in their group. Is the return of Klinsmann near?

Fantastic group. Mexico was really good until today, Sweden was solid then spectacular today, the Germans were stunned and South Korea was determined even when eliminated. Great fun today for the non-partisan futbol fan, imho.

Comment

Costa Rica is attacking like the Swiss said something about their mother. They had 3 shots on goal within a 30 second time span that required 2 A+ efforts by the Swiss goalie (and help from the post) to prevent an opening goal, then again just a minute ago, a thunderous strike from the edge of the penalty box got past the keeper and caught the crossbar, deflecting down and just missing the goal line. Switzerland exceedingly fortunate to not be down 1-3 goals already.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                            Kung Wu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm still in denial that Germany lost. I can't bring myself to turn the Cup on for the rest of the day.

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          If things hold steady, Germany is going to get knocked out. If Germany can win their game, we'll have a sweet three-way tie for first in that group.
                          Germany continues its country's time-honored tradition of struggling in Russia.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Kung Wu
                            Kung Wu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh no you di'int

• Shock Top
                            Shock Top commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Underrated comment.

I tweeted out something like "Germany continuing to take Ls in Russia like it's 1943", but sadly no love.
                        Working...
                        X