No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia taking the challenge of host nation on with flying colors, so far.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Russia taking the challenge of host nation on with flying colors, so far.
      That's an understatement. Russia came to play!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

You guys are NOT cool.

This thread needs an exorcist.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          MY MOM THINKS I’M COOL!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's an understatement. Russia came to play!
        They have handily dispatched their first two opponents. Helps when you play the Saudis one game, and an Egypt side with a not-so-full-strength Mo Salah (who you have to feel for).
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

They have handily dispatched their first two opponents. Helps when you play the Saudis one game, and an Egypt side with a not-so-full-strength Mo Salah (who you have to feel for).
          Mo Salah?? More like No Salah!! Am I right?!
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Yes, now for their first real test.

Comment

If Spain does what I expect them to do tomorrow, I suspect they will be in the championship game. I won't know for sure until the knockout round begins, but I am going with the way-to-early call (assuming they rout Iran tomorrow) that Spain is destined for the championship game, and quite possibly a new pretty trophy to set on their shelf.

Comment

Ronaldo looking like a strong contender for the Golden Boot.

Comment

Wow Morocco really getting some chances late.

Comment

Iran is a lot better than they believe they are. With the right coach they could do some serious damage.

Comment

With Croatia's second goal, I think it's safe to say this game is over. If you're a fan of Iceland (and we all should be, obviously), this has gotta help their chances of advancing.

Comment

• jdshock
                        jdshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        To clarify, the game was apparently not over. But not in Argentina's favor.

One. Weird. World. Cup.

Comment

Would have loved to see France or Belgium lose instead of Argentina, but seeing several ties and Germany go down early has been enjoyable.

Go Iceland!

Comment

Think Brazil-Costa Rica has the chance to be a sneaky close one tomorrow. Overall, many of the favorites have not looked so overwhelmingly better than the rest of the field, which has been surprising. Anyways, I'm doing what I always do when WSU loses in the NCAA tournament: root for chaos.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

If Iceland can win tomorrow (let's assume just 1-0), Iceland will have a +1 goal differential going into the Croatia match and Argentina will have a -3 goal differential going into the Nigeria match.

Croatia will have little incentive to run up the score, though they will have an incentive to win (since a loss could jeopardize their first place finish). An Icelandic win tomorrow will really put the pressure on Argentina to try to run up the score against Nigeria. And the best part of the World Cup is that we'll get the Iceland/Croatia match at the same time as the Argentina/Nigeria match.

Comment

Working...
                            X