X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Wow! Iran!
    4:30 into overage time!!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Worst. Own. Goal. Ever.

Comment

And I would know ... I have made a couple myself. BAHAHAHAH

Comment

Crazy ending. Hard to be happy for Iran considering how cynically they played. But a wild ending nonetheless.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The complex of the game shifted before the first half was over. It was very difficult to judge the outcome at half.

Comment

Ok this Spain v Portugal game is ALL it's advertised to be. One of the best of the tournament and we are only in the 4th game!!

Comment

Total bullcrap on that foul call against Portugal just outside of the box. If this results in a goal, I'm putting it officially under protest.

Comment

Spain's short game is phenomenal as always. And Portugal's fast break is deadly as ever. What a match!

Comment

If you didn't watch this game, my gosh. You must go catch the replay. Simply an outstanding game. Top 5 game of the Cup most likely. Maybe even higher. It's that good.

Comment

Gonna be tough to top that game, at least in group play!
                      The Assman

Comment

Viva Le France! But for being a Pod 1 team, they have a lot of work to do to compete with the likes of Spain, Portugal, Germany, etc.

--

Aside --

I am absolutely stunned that Chile is not in this. They are SO fun to watch. It's mind boggling how they missed out on making this tourney.

During qualifiers, Bolivia used an ineligible player in a couple of matches. One of those matches was against Chile, so they filed an appeal and won. When that happened their 1-1 draw (worth 1 point) was changed to a 3-0 victory (worth 3 points). But because Chile filed the appeal and won it, Peru decided they should appeal their LOSS to Bolivia since he played in that match. Of course they won that appeal and their 0-1 loss (worth 0 points) was converted to a 3-0 win (worth 3 points).

So instead of Chile getting 1 point for the draw, they got 3 for the victory (+2). But Peru, instead of getting 0 points for the loss, also got 3 for the win (+3). Chile would have been ahead of Peru in points sans appeal, however because of the appeal they tied in points! That made them equal in points in and it then came down to goal differentials ... and Peru won in the category!

Had Chile not filed the appeal, they would be in the Cup.

Comment

Iceland. They may be in over their heads against Argentina, but they PLAY ANGRY! This is one FUN squad to watch! It's like a band of brothers out there! I get that feeling that they won't quit, even if they go down by 3 points. I hope they advance because this is an underdog team I want to see more of.

Comment

The France Australia match earlier today was very entertaining. France deserved the win I suppose, but it seemed like the Aussies deserved a better result too. Wonderful tournament so far.

This Argentina Iceland match is super! Both teams with multiple scoring opportunities. Iceland should have 2 goals and easily could have 3.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                              Kung Wu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Make that 4!

• Kung Wu
                              Kung Wu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              No, 5!

W.o.w.! Iceland!!!

Comment

• WuDrWu
                              WuDrWu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              #VikingClap

This announcer for Peru vs Denmark needs to do more game.

I feel like I’m watching Telemundo, but actually understanding all the words! Makes the game more to watch!
                            The Assman

Comment

Working...
                            X