The passing of Billy Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The passing of Billy Graham

Billy Graham was the greatest Christian leader of our generation. While he would be the first to say that he is only a man just like all of us. There are only a select few who are anointed from heaven above to influence, and change our culture. I hope that a few will give stories of his accomplishments. There are few who are so respected by influential world leaders and called upon for council.

He was known most for his extreme humility. He went to age 99 without scandal and integrity intact. He was unwilling to go to South Africa to preach until 1973, when all races legally could go together to see him preach.

Comment

Pres. George W. Bush quote in the Wall Street Journal Feb. 23

He (Billy Graham) told me one of the Bible's most fundamental lessons: one should strive to be better, but we're all sinners who earn God's love not through our good deeds, but through his grace.

Comment

By his own plans, Billy Graham and his wife Ruth had a casket made by prisoners in their prison wood making shop. They cost $200.00. He was a simple man with a simple message that lived what he preached.

“Someday you will read that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now.”

Billy Graham

Comment

"I would torment myself for another 20 years trying to 'reform,' never quite able to shake the voice of Billy Graham promising me eternal damnation."

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X