2018 Winter Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jessie Diggans and Kikkan Randall

There are actually 5 different videos embedded in this article: https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/per...s-country-gold

They are all worth watching. The last of the 5 is kind of interesting because it not only shows highlights of both their qualifying win but also the gold medal finals. You can also really see the steepnees of some of the terrain on thsi course.

Comment

Probably not too many curling fans, but the comeback by the US Men's team, needing 3 straight wins just to make the medal round (and that did NOT appear possible to say anything about likely) and then beating Sweden last night for the gold. Great match. Schuster's 5 (a medal record) in the 8th decided it. Gotta find the highlights on that shot. Really entertaining, for odd sports fans like me at least.

Comment

With the NHL not participating this year the Olympic Hockey Tournament has been turned inside out. While this has affected every team to some degree teams that relied heavily on NHL talent have had to look to lesser leagues to stock their rosters which has affected the US and Canada more than most. The Russians weren't hurt as badly as the US and Canada because while they have quite a few players in the NHL they have a lot of NHL level talent playing at home and they are the overwhelming favorites to win the gold. The situation has similarities to the days of the Red Army teams that ran roughshod over rosters full of amateur players but is not quite as extreme.

The surprise of the tournament has been Germany's run to the medal round featuring upsets of traditional powers Sweden and Canada (teams they had never beaten) and tonight they will try to complete their version of the "Miracle on Ice" as they face the Russians for the Gold.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

OLYMPICS and GREEK HISTORY

Here is a piece of Greek history regarding the Olympic games.

2500 years ago a slave call girl from Sardinia named Gedophamee (pronounced Get-offa'-me) was attending the first athletic festival in Greece. This festival had no name at that time.In those days the athletes performed naked and to prevent unwanted arousal while competing, the men imbibed freely on a drink containing saltpeter.

At the opening ceremonial parade of this first great event, Gedophamee observed the first wave of naked athletic males marching toward her and she exclaimed: "Oh! Limp Pricks!”.

Over the next two and a half millennium that expression morphed into the word “Olympics.”

So now you know....Don't bother to thank me….I enjoy learning about and discussing history.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
        X