Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptocurrencies/Bitcoin

Anyone have any of these?

Nope. At this point it remains to be seen if it will shake out as a commodity or a currency. However, blockchain is the real deal and will open up an entirely new way of conducting business. If you don't have any BTE due to price, try altcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin. But hurry prices are rising fast! Sorry for invoking FOMO but it is in the air with the cryptos.

I will stick to commodities and equities. My favorite trading rules by Ed Seykota: The trading rules I live by are: 1. Cut losses. 2. Ride winners. 3. Keep bets small. 4. Follow the rules without question. 5. Know when to break the rules.” Paul Tutor Jones is a hero of mine from back in high school and the decadent 80's. (Notice the avatar) "Losers Average Losers" PTJ
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      Nope. At this point it remains to be seen if it will shake out as a commodity or a currency. However, blockchain is the real deal and will open up an entirely new way of conducting business. If you don't have any BTE due to price, try altcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin. But hurry prices are rising fast! Sorry for invoking FOMO but it is in the air with the cryptos.

I will stick to commodities and equities. My favorite trading rules by Ed Seykota: The trading rules I live by are: 1. Cut losses. 2. Ride winners. 3. Keep bets small. 4. Follow the rules without question. 5. Know when to break the rules.” Paul Tutor Jones is a hero of mine from back in high school and the decadent 80's. (Notice the avatar) "Losers Average Losers" PTJ
      I have about 2000 DigiBytes (DGB) currently.

Comment

• FadedCrown
        FadedCrown commented
        Editing a comment
        DUShock If you read my background you know I am young, so I mainly rely on my uncle for trading advice, and so he charts, he detected a "golden cross" on DGB, so all signs said to buy now. Looks like we are at the beginning stages of a rally,

• DUShock
        DUShock commented
        Editing a comment
        All the best with this one. One should always be wary of taking advice from a stranger on the internet but DGB is not the play, its all time high is 6-cents back on June 8th on a volume of 1.35 billion. I would recommend some reading and research. Treat your trading & investing with the same care and preparation as if it was your job. I am a systematic trend follower with trades lasting from days to years, so my comments below come from this perspective and can be summed up simply as a letting winners run and cutting my losers quickly.

Moving average crossover is a wonderful entry signal, especially with an additional indicator such as an increase in volume or the previous day close/open price, and use of trailing stop. I recommend starting with a couple of classic books and then go all in on Covel's book "Trend Following":

"Reminiscence of a Stock Operator" by Jesse Livermore

https://www.trendfollowing.com/white...k_Operator.pdf (in the public domain)

"How I made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market" by Nicholas Darvas

https://www.amazon.com/How-Made-000-.../dp/1614271690 (.99-cents on Amazon Kindle)

"The Complete Turtle Trader" & "Trend Following" by Michael Covel"

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Turt...+turtle+trader ($12.99 on Amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/Trend-Followi...VFM90FCE7SGS0F ($27.19 on Amazon)

If you look at it as gambling or do not prepare, which includes backtesting, you are a sucker aka "dumb money". "An ounce of preparation is worth a pound of cure" is especially true when playing this game. Get a Robinhood Account, use Finviz as your screener, Tradingview for any charting, & Yahoo Finance for data history (all of this is free), and you might just survive to get your sea legs.

All the best FadedCrown
        Last edited by DUShock; December 12, 2017, 03:58 PM.

• FadedCrown
        FadedCrown commented
        Editing a comment
        DUShock Not to be mean but I kinda multiplied my value x5 with this coin.

I am not educated on the future prospects of crypto currencies so I stay away from them as an investment. I have used BTC as a currency in the past and probably went through buying/selling around 10 of them when they were ~$200. I probably have fractions of a coin left over in some random wallets that are actually worth something now.

Comment

FadedCrown I hope all is well, were you able to cash out on the x5 move? You know the trader saying, "when you get the green, bank it!"

This volatility is creating all kinds of opportunity in all time frames for equities, commodities, and derivative (my favorite) markets. My short-term & intraday plays on /ES, /NQ, /RTY, GBP/USD, /GC, & /CL (ThinkOrSwim symbols) have been profitable.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• FadedCrown
          FadedCrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I don't take profits, so I did not take out any cash. I moved exchanges, from Poloniex to HitBTC, so I do not have DGB, I believe I have ATM, DIM and LIFE coins.

• DUShock
          DUShock commented
          Editing a comment
          FadedCrown How difficult was it to cash out, when you moved exchanges? I am asking because I honestly don't know. I am not interested in crypto, blockchain yes, crypto no. The cash out was/is a concern.
      Working...
      X