2019 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    Recruiting seems to be slow and maybe even almost nonexistent this year. No news?
    Only one spot to fill (as of now), so expect a lot less activity from last years historically large class.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Only one spot to fill (as of now), so expect a lot less activity from last years historically large class.
      And who knows, maybe that one open scholly (as of now) goes to Tate Busse. We'll have to see what the new guys bring to the table but it does seem likely that help at the point guard would be a priority which probably works against Tate earning that last scholly.

Comment

Less activity yes. But Gregg said a couple of months ago that he wanted to continue upgrading their recruiting. I would expect they would sign 2-3 players. I’m surprised that we are not seeing more offers for 4* Point Guards.

Comment

Hey folks,

2019 recruiting is heating up. We're starting to see fall official visits scheduled and recruits are starting to cut their lists. It appears we will try to sign a guard in the fall signing period, possibly two. Below is a short-list of players we've been linked to recently.

Official Visits:
          These are guys who have scheduled official visits to Wichita State.

Marquise Kennedy -- 6'1 PG -- Official Visits: Illinois State 8/24, WSU 9/7, Loyola 9/14
          Devin Butts -- 6'4 SG -- Official Visits: Georgia State 8/30, USF 9/7, WSU 9/21, Mississippi St 9/28

Spring/Summer AAU Offers:
          These are guys who we've offered within the last four months who have not cut WSU from their top schools.

Tyrell Jones -- 6'2 PG -- 4* recruit who had a big summer. 30+ offers including Florida, Minnesota, Louisville, Virginia Tech. Shockers have been recruiting him for at least a year.\
          Dekyvan Tandy -- 6'2 PG -- 4* recruit from Memphis. Not sure how much mutual interest there is here.
          Isaac McBride -- 6'1 PG -- 3* recruit from Little Rock. Earned offers from KU, Tennessee, Auburn this summer.
          Al-Amir Dawes -- 6'1 PG -- 3* recruit from New Jersey. I think WSU is going hard after this one. Recent offers from UConn, Providence, St. John's, Clemson.
          Noah Fernandes -- 6'0 PG -- 2/3* recruit from Massachusetts. Had a good summer on Nike EYBL. Offers from Temple, ECU, St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island, DePaul.
          Tyson Etienne -- 6'1 PG -- 2/3* recruit from New Jersey. Earned offers this summer from Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Ole Miss, Maryland.
          Keyshaun Langley -- 6'1 PG -- 2* recruit North Carolina. Recruit has been under-the-radar since decommit from Virginia Tech. Just took OV to NC-Greensboro.
          Kobe Langley -- 6'1 PG --
          2* recruit North Carolina. Recruit has been under-the-radar since decommit from Virginia Tech. Just took OV to NC-Greensboro.
          Jervay Green -- 6'3 SG JUCO -- will be a hot JUCO name. Earned offers from Ole Miss, Houston, Colorado State.
          Julian Rishwain -- 6'5 SG -- 2* recruit who had a big July. Earned offers from Colorado State and New Mexico State.

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            Your posts are the first thing I look for each morning. Thanks for all you do.

• ShockerDropOut
            ShockerDropOut commented
            Editing a comment
            Outstanding job. Thank you.

• moshock
            moshock commented
            Editing a comment
            I usually look for a bathroom first thing in the morning...then I look for your post shocks02. Great Job !! Mucho Appreciate !

Official visits appear to have gone well with Marquise Kennedy and Julian Rishwain last weekend. Devin Butts is scheduled to take an official visit here next weekend (21st) and we know Gregg and Isaac visited him in Georgia this week. The staff appears to still be trying to secure an official visit from Top 150 recruits Al-Amir Dawes and Tyson Ettiene. Other than that, I would still keep an eye on names like Tyrell Jones, Isaac McBride, and Noah Fernandes.

Comment

• shocker43
            shocker43 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do we have much of a shot with Dawes and Ettiene? I saw that Dawes has us on his top 8 list.

• shocks02
            shocks02 commented
            Editing a comment
            Outside chance at both it seems. Both have other big-name programs on the chase. Will need to get an official visit to land either one of them.

I know it's not always an indication of program or recruit success for that matter, but damn, I sure would like to see more interest from the 4* that are out there.

Comment

• shocks02
            shocks02 commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I recall, we don't have many official visits left. Maybe 3 or 4 total? That might have made the coaching staff go after recruits they know they can very possibly land.

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
            UCONN_Husky commented
            Editing a comment
            Tre Mitchell is almost certainly going to Notre Dame. He was our Plan B for Center, but very unlikely.

Well, since someone is going to do it, it might was well be me to start it if off.

Who are your morning line favorites to both step up and bow out this coming season, to make way for the extra signees?*

* - This is not a hit piece/slander or an attack on any of the new player’s talents, ablities, or attitudes. This is simply a discussion based on the facts that tell us WSU will be signing more players than scholarships available.
          The Assman

Comment

Not the time for this

Comment

Stir it up and start the drama?

Why don't we wait until we see this years players play and the coaches make decisions on who are in the rotations? We will know very little before the New Year.

Comment

I knew I’d poke the hive with this. Ha

I’m just being honest. It’s clear some are going to raise up and others fall out. Marshall clearly recognizes that as well.
                The Assman

Comment

I knew I’d poke the hive with this. Ha

I’m just being honest. It’s clear some are going to raise up and others fall out. Marshall clearly recognizes that as well.
                  This is stupid at this point Top. We haven't even been through our public scrimmage, let along the first game, let alone the first win/loss, the first sight of trouble, the first conference game...hell, the first of the year. One needs perspective before this issue can or should be discussed. Put your Barbara Eden back in the bottle.

Comment

That’s why it’s called betting. Because no one knows.

Everyone on here predicts all the time who recruits are going to pan out our not, so I see this as no different.

I already said this is no slight in any individual player or the team as a whole. I want them all to become fine players.

its fine though, we can move on to the next subject of the soon-to-be-oversized 2019 class!
                    The Assman

Comment

About a month ago I heard on a radio interview with new head coach Herm Edward's for Arizona St. He had a interesting somewhat unorthodox take on what he was asking his kids (players) to do. He implored them not to take to social media and read stories and comments about the upcoming season. I'm sure a lot of head coaches say that but full well know it's impossible in this day of age. He went on to say that he just didn't want them to hear the negative and to come into camp positive due to what he said regarding "perception creates reality". I have no idea if the players followed that. Lol
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Well, I’m super excited to see Dennis, Burton, and Torres.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Shock Top
                          Shock Top commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the input. I agree.
                      Working...
                      X